Tuesday, June 10, 2008

I've been waiting for something amazing to happen to our family so I can blog about it. As you can see, I'm still waiting. In the meantime, I thought I would give a glimpse of what a typical morning at the Rogers household looks like by taking candid shots of each person in the throws of what he/she was doing. Unfortunately, our dad was at work, so he couldn't participate in this great experiment. Andrew was at scouts, so we'll have to catch him later, as well.
Here goes...



Josh took up his usual post to wait for the garbage truck. Once again, his patience was rewarded when it appeared right on schedule. It doesn't get any better than this!


David figured out how to record with Mitch's equipment. He decided that if he couldn't get anyone to join his band, he'd just play all the parts himself.



Kirk and Mitch were caught read-handed (no, that's not a typo). They're dominating the summer reading chart!


Speaking of being caught red-handed! Look who's taking lessons. I wonder what he's looking for....




...Me?....Nothin'...

And she's outa there!



There's the one with the most immaculate handwriting...practicing his handwriting. Go figure!



Chamane was eating a vitamin and drinking a bottle while her nose was running. Talk about multi-tasking!
Would you believe it? Carmen was practicing her violin until she saw the camera and dove for cover behind the Freedom Festival magazine. I hope the violin's not broken!

And there you have it. A small piece of a day in the life...



















7 comments:

Emily said...

This is an awesome post! It's nice to see a bit of your daily routine. Two thoughts:
Dang! Those boys have gotten long! (Kirk and Mitch reading on the couch).
Your girls DEFINITLEY take after you. Multi-tasking....running for cover when you see a camera.....hmmmmm.

Atzimba said...

I loved the post! I miss you all very much. Fun to see your kids and how much they have grown!!!!

Angie said...

Hey, Beck! Awesome post. Cal does the same thing with the garbage truck. This week after it drove away he lay on the porch for another five minutes saying, "I'm just so sad that the garbage truck's gone." Then I assured him it would come back next week and he was okay.

Your family's awesome. A definite reflection of your hard work!

Carmy said...

That was an unexpected picture!

That's funny

dwrichy said...

Can we see more photos of Chamane?

Cherie said...

Hey! I was hoping to get your email address/phone number. You can get to me at natecherie@mac.com.
Have you had a chance to go to the I am a child of God exhibit at the Church History and Art museum? I've thought about going and wanted to see if that's something you might be interested in taking your kids to. Write me when you can!

susette said...

Oh wow, I have a son that wishes he could find a band too. He loves to record music and mixes it on computer all the time. He is a bassist and accoustic guitar player. He's even done some drumming but currently doesn't own drums. Thank goodness for everyone's ears!